Ceramic coating, particularly professional grade ceramic coatings, offer an impressive level of protection from environmental contaminants as well as fine scratches and swirl marks. Ceramic coating also have excellent hydrophobic properties, making cleaning much easier. So, how long does ceramic coating last? And what happens if the ceramic coating wears off? Continue reading this article from the team at Love’s Auto Detail in Kapolei, HI. to learn more about this topic.
What Is The Lifespan Of Ceramic Coating?
High quality ceramic coating can last for several years, proving true long term protection. Lower quality coatings however, may only last a year at most. Some professional-grade ceramic coating have a lifespan of ten years or more. Here are some signs that can help you realize whether your coating wears off or not at the first look:
- Tiny scratches appearance
- Poor water penetration
- Poor blow-dry capability
- Loss of gloss
How To Determine If Your Coating Has Worn Off
Because a ceramic coating is a substantial investment, you want it to last as long as possible. This means you should avoid anything that will cause it to wear down too quickly. There are many signs that the ceramic coating needs to be replaced, including:
– Tiny cracks will appear on the surface of the coating, allowing water to seep through and cause rust due to weather conditions. If you live in a hot or cold climate, the material of your car will expand and contract more frequently which may cause this to occur more rapidly.
See about: Will Ceramic Coating Cure In Cold Weather?
– The ability of your car to protect against water penetration will be harmed as a result of using harsh chemicals on it. When you use too much soap, wax, or other strong products, they can act like sandpaper and scuff the surface of the coating over time. So just be cautious about what products you use to clean your car!
– When you use the incorrect washing methods, you run the risk of scratching your coating. When washing a ceramic coating, you must use the two-bucket method. This reduces the likelihood of scratching your coating and allows it to last longer. Avoid washing your car in direct sunlight as well.
– Never polish ceramic coating as this will reduce their ability to repel water and protect your car from rust!
How to Extend the Lifespan of Your Ceramic Coating
Effective maintenance will help to extend the lifespan of your ceramic coating. If you follow these guidelines, you should have no trouble getting more bang for your buck from your new ceramic coating!
– Wash your vehicle frequently with only clean water. The fewer contaminants that adhere to the exterior of your vehicle, the better the paint job and coating will be.
– The two-bucket method works best, and you should stick with it! Avoid automated vehicle washes which use harsh chemicals and cleaning brushes which will damage your ceramic coating.
How Long Does Ceramic Coating Take To Cure?
The time required will differ depending on the coating. If you’re applying the coating yourself, consult the instructions to ensure best results. Curing time can take from 24 hours, up to several weeks, depending on the brand of the ceramic coating in question.
Contact with water should be avoided while ceramic coating cures. This obviously means that you should avoid driving in the rain. We also recommend not washing your vehicle for 7 days after the ceramic coating has been applied. This will provide enough time for the coating to cure and bond effectively to the surface.
Full Article: How Long Does Ceramic Coating Take To Cure?
Ceramic Coating At Love’s Auto Detail
Applying a ceramic coating to your vehicle is a smart investment, if you want to maintain the original paintwork of your vehicle. At Love’s Auto Detail, we provide first class ceramic coating services for all types of vehicles. So, if you’re looking for the ultimate form of protection for your vehicle, contact Love’s Auto Detail at +1 808-628-0134 or come on down to our location at 2045 Lauwiliwili St Unit 405C, Kapolei, HI 96707, United States for the best ceramic coating services in the local area! Book your appointment today!